*The SERIES 10 model Knife Gate is an uni-directional wafer valve designed
for general industrial service applications. The design of the body and seat
assures non-clogging shut off on suspended solids in industries such as:
• Pulp and Paper
• Power plants
• Wastewater treatment plants
• Chemical plants
• Food and Beverage
• Bulk handling
• Mining etc.
DN 2"/50mm to DN 24"/600mm (larger diameters on request)
DN 2"/50mm to DN 10"/250mm: 150 psi / (10 kg/cm2)
• DN 12"/300mm to DN 16"/400mm: 90 psi / (6 kg/cm2)
• DN 18"/450mm: 75 psi / (5 kg/cm2)
• DN 20"/500mm to DN 24"/600mm: 60 psi / (4 kg/cm2)
• Standard flange connection: DIN PN 10 and ANSI B16.5 (class 150)
other flange connections are available on request such as:
• DIN PN 6
• DIN PN 16
• DIN PN 25
• BS "D" and "E"p ANSI 125
Wafer style cast monoblock with raised face and with reinforced ribs in larger diameters for extra body strength.
• Internal cast-in gate wedges and guides allows for tighter shut-off.
• Full port design for greater flow capacity and minimal pressure drop.
• Internal design avoids any build up of solids that would prevent valve from closing.
Stainless steel gate as standard
• Gate is polished on both sides to avoid jamming and seat damage.
• Bottom of the gate edge is machined to a bevel to cut through solids for a tighter seal in the closed position.
• On request: thickness and/or material of the gate can be changed for higher pressure requirement.
• Unique design that mechanically locks the seat in the internal of the valve body with a stainless steel retainer ring.
• Standard EPDM also available in different materials such as Viton, PTFE, etc.
• Long-life packing with several layers of braided fibre plus an EPDM o-ring, with an easy access packing gland ensuring a tight seal.
• Long-life braided packing is available in a wide range of materials.
The standard stainless steel stem offers a long corrosion resistant life.
• For rising stem handwheel actuators only, a stem protector is provided for additional protection against dust while the valve is in the open position.
All actuators supplied by SCORPIO are interchangeable, and supplied with a standard mounting kit to allow for installation on site.
YOKE or ACTUATOR SUPPORT:
• Made of EPOXY coated steel (stainless steel available on request).
• Compact design makes it extremely robust even under the most severe conditions.
The epoxy coating on all SCORPIO cast iron and carbon steel valve bodies and components is electrostatically applied making the valves to be corrosion resistant with a high quality finished surface.
The SCORPIO standard colour is Royal blue.
GATE SAFETY PROTECTION: *SCORPIO automated valves are provided with gate guards in accordance with Indian Safety Standards.
• The design feature prevents any objects from being caught accidentally while the gate is moving.